"The network path was not found" while attempting to access \\tsclient from terminal service session of Windows 2008 Server R2
Hi All, I am experiencing intermittent problems in accessing terminal service client directories. \\tsclient\C\MyDirectory. We configured server so that the terminal service client (MSTSC) is redirecting drives to the remote TS / RDP server and we are able to use it from RDP session. Sometimes just after connecting to RDP session it gives an error "System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found" in our Windows 2008 Server R2. This issue occurs when we use tsclient directories many times. For me it comes 2-4 times a day from our RDS server. Is there any reason why tsclient directories are intermittently unavailable to apps in RDP session?
September 26th, 2011 2:58am

Hi Bachuu, Please check the event viewer to see what event loaded in to the event viewer when the network name cannot be found. As the issue is not always happen but intermittently unavailable, so what I could think out is that there should be a time limit about remote sessions. The other reason should be due to the network performance, it is to say that when the usefull bandwidth is too small, the shared folders could be loose connection. Hope this helps. Best Regards, Yan LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 27th, 2011 10:18pm

Hi Yan Li, Thanks for the reply. Event viewer log says we checked the availability of already existing \\tsclient\\MyDirectory, we are unable to get it. Then we tried to create this directory and it threw an IOException. Exception detail is given below. Event viewer log: System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity) at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity) at Config.VerifyDirectory(Config* , basic_string<char\,std::char_traits<char>\,std::allocator<char> >* path, Boolean checkWrite) Warm regards Bachuu
September 29th, 2011 1:20am

Please try the following steps: 1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel. 2.Double-click Network Connections. 3.Right-click the connection that you want to disable Internet Connection Firewall for, and then click Properties. 4.On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box. 5.Click OK. Thanks,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 5th, 2011 3:29am

Hi Kevin, Can you please provide the steps specific to Windows 2008 Server? Whether firewall can result in intermittent problems that I am facing to access tsclient share directories? In my case I dont think I can fully disable the firewall. Is there is any other way to solve this issue without disabling the firewall. Thanks Bachuu
October 11th, 2011 2:53am

Same problem with 2008SP2 - unstable redirection \\tsclient\C in session after several days under load :(
August 6th, 2012 12:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics